St.Amant supports over 2,200 people in Manitoba with developmental disabilities, autism and acquired brain injury. We are a not-for-profit organization that offers a wide range of supports for adults, children and their families. Our over 2,000 staff follow a person centered approach and adapt to the needs of each person and each family. St.Amant is guided by its core values of Collaboration, Hospitality, Excellence and Respect.
Positions Available: Full-time, Casual
About our Centre:
- We are located at St.Amant’s head office, 440 River Road
- We are open from 7:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday
- We support infant and preschool aged children
- We are a program inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach and practice Circle of Security® as a relationship based early intervention
- We are fortunate to have large outdoor green space with a forest that we use daily
Position Summary and Scope of Service:
- The CCA is responsible for developing and implementing a play based, child centered emergent curriculum for infants to preschool age children.
- As a CCA you would be responsible for planning and implementing interactions, environments and experiences based on inclusion and diversity of the individual needs, interests and abilities for each child.
- You would be responsible for the overall care and well-being of the children according to the Manitoba Child Day Care Standards Act and the mission and values of St.Amant and River Road Child Care.
- Possess a current certification as a Child Care Assistant or be eligible for certification under the Manitoba Child Day Care Standards Ac
- Possess a valid emergency first aid certificate and CPR under the Manitoba Child Day Care Standards Act
- Previous experience providing care to children in a child care setting Previous experience providing service to children with special needs an asset
- Pevious experience in an interdisciplinary environment an asset
- Must be physically fit with the ability to use low chairs and to lift, transfer, feed and toilet children
- Physically able to wash and isinfect toys and move small furniture and child care equipment
- Function effectively as a team member
- Contribute to effective employee relationships within a unionized environment
- Has knowledge of Manitoba Child Day Care Standards Act
- Completion of a 40 hour/CCA course recognized and approved by Manitoba
Benefits to working with us include:
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and their families
- Being part of a larger community of people and professionals
- Ongoing training opportunities from St.Amant and MCCA
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive wages
The above information is intended to describe the general nature of this position and is not considered to be a complete statement of duties and responsibilities. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned provided they are consistent with the qualifications identified and fall within the parameters of this role.
St.Amant is a bilingual organization. Proficiency in both official languages (French/English) would be considered an asset.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening, Adult Abuse Registry Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Prior Contact Check.
As a Condition of Employment, new hires must complete a series of Occupational Health checks. This includes the requirement to confirm immunization or immunity of specific communicable diseases. Successful applicants will also be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to start date.
St.Amant supports equitable employment practices and promotes an inclusive workforce representative of the people we support including diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, and identities. Applicants can request reasonable accommodations in all aspects of the selection and hiring process.